|FISCAL 2012 SALES
1 Reflects intercompany sales.
Animex is Poland’s largest producer of fresh and packaged meats. The company is also home to the prized Krakus Ham. Primary lines of business include fresh pork, beef, and poultry as well as smoked and cooked hams, sausages, hot dogs, bacon, canned meats, and pâtés. Animex products are available in more than 50 countries at retail and through foodservice channels. The company operates red meat facilities in Elk, Morliny, Starachowice, and Szczecin; white meat facilities in Ilawa, Suwalki, Debica, and Opole; and feed mills in Grodkow and Zamosc.
Krakus, Morliny, Morlinki, Berlinki, Mazury, Yano
Debica, Elk, Grodkow, Ilawa, Morliny, Opole, Starachowice, Suwalki, Szczecin, Zamosc
- Implemented cooling-water recycling systems at the Starachowice facility, saving 162 million gallons of water and $55,000 in water and sewer fees in 2011.
- Installed automatic controls at the Ilawa facility to balance incoming and exhaust air, reducing natural gas use by 72,000 cubic meters and electricity by 325,000 kWh for a combined savings of $68,500 per year.
- Supported school lunch campaigns in a number of communities and made other meat donations totaling 112,000 pounds (448,000 servings) in 2011.
- Funded 94 scholarships for children of employees and farmers from rural areas totaling approximately $62,000 for the 2011/2012 school year.
- Sponsored five Polish chefs in August 2011 as part of the third “World Chefs Tour Against Hunger” in South Africa. More than 200 chefs from 30 countries participated, raising $970,000 to help feed impoverished children who live in the slums of Johannesburg, Soweto, and other cities.
- Financed publication of educational guide for Warsaw Agricultural University—SGGW—for students considering a career in meat production and processing.