Kansas City, MO
Michael E. Brown
|FISCAL 2012 SALES
1 Reflects intercompany sales.
Farmland Foods, Inc., provides a broad selection of pork products for retail and foodservice customers in the United States and abroad. Its primary lines of business include fresh pork, case ready pork, hams, bacon, fresh sausage, processed sausage, lunchmeat, and specialty sausage. Since its founding in 1959, Farmland Foods has maintained a proud heritage of working side by side with American farm families. Smithfield Foods acquired the company in 2003. Farmland Foods has a large and growing international business, exporting products to more than 35 countries across six continents.
Ember Farms, Premium Standard Farms, Stefano Foods
Monmouth, IL; Carroll and Denison, IA; Wichita, KS; Kansas City and Milan, MO; Crete and Lincoln, NE; Charlotte, NC; Arnold, PA; Salt Lake City, UT
- Announced a strategic partnership with Harvesters Food Bank and also focused giving on Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City, the American Heart Association in Kansas City, and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Reduced solid waste on a normalized basis by 25 percent from fiscal 2008 through fiscal 2012 and reduced normalized CO2 emissions by 15.1 percent over the same period.
- Installed automatic equipment at Lincoln, Nebraska, facility in 2011, reducing material costs by $320,000.
- Contributed more than $350,000 since 2007 to our Learners to Leaders partnership with the Denison Community School District and Iowa State University’s Science Bound program. The partnership’s first high school class graduated in May 2012, with eight students attending college in the fall. Through the Smithfield-Luter Foundation, one graduate received a full scholarship to Iowa State.
- Provided employees with more than $495,000 in tuition reimbursement in fiscal 2012.
- Donated $360,000 to various charitable and community-based organizations.