Joseph B. Sebring
| FISCAL 2012 SALES
1 Reflects intercompany sales.
The John Morrell Food Group traces its roots to the founding of John Morrell & Co. in England in 1827. The company is the oldest continuously operating meat manufacturer in the United States. It consists of national and regional brands that help drive profitable growth in meat categories such as ham, smoked sausage, hot dogs, deli meats, bacon, pulled pork, and dry sausage. With brands that define the meat industry, the John Morrell Food Group brings its expertise to retail, deli, foodservice, direct store delivery, convenience store, club store, military, and co-manufacturing outlets.
Eckrich, Armour, John Morrell, Kretschmar, Curly’s, Carando, Margherita, Healthy Ones
Patrick Cudahy, Krakus, Premium Pet Health, American Farms, Active Packs
San Jose, CA; Denver, CO; St. Charles and Bolingbrook, IL; Peru, IN; Sioux City, Sioux Center, and Mason City, IA; Junction City, KS; Springfield, MA; St. James, MN; Omaha, NE; Elizabeth, NJ; Springdale, OH; Sioux Falls, SD; Smithfield, VA; Cudahy, WI
- Continued our Learners to Leaders programs for high school students in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and in the Chicago area. For example, Saratoga Specialties in Bolingbrook, Illinois, partnered with Junior Achievement of Chicago and Taco Bell’s Foundation for Teens program to educate students on financial awareness and fiscal responsibility.
- Donated $200,000 in May 2012 to Operation Homefront through the Eckrich Military Family Support Program. Operation Homefront provides emergency assistance to the families of service members.
- Partnered with WomenHeart and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation through the Healthy Ones brand to help prevent heart disease and increase breast cancer awareness, donating $50,000 to each organization.
- Made progress at turning the Armour-Eckrich plant in Peru, Indiana, into Smithfield Foods’ first zero-waste-to-landfill facility. The plant made its last landfill shipment in May 2012.
- Joined forces with the American Red Cross to provide food and other emergency support to Springfield, Massachusetts, in the wake of a 2011 tornado.